ThinLine Flexible Breakaway Halter
The ThinLine Flexible Breakaway Halter is designed for use with the Flexible Grazing Muzzle.
Designed for comfort, our ThinLine Flexible Breakaway Halter has features to make using and installing the Flexible Filly Muzzle easy. Our horse halter has strategically placed “keepers” for you to attached your muzzle. These keepers ensure your grazing muzzle is secured in the right position. This ensures the muzzle will not shift while also remaining clear of horses’ lips and nostrils.
Too, you can see how the specially designed halter puts your muzzle in exactly the right place for the greatest in comfort for your horse and ease of use for you.
The turnout halter is designed for a very comfortable and secure fit. The halter is adjustable at both the nose and the crown. Lined with the famous ThinLine foam, this halter will decrease the possibility of rubs! And the halter helps to eliminate skin fungus’ and protect sensitive faces. Flashy look, but surely easy to find!
Black nylon with white stitching.
Available in five sizes; medium mini, pony, cob, horse, and oversize. The halter intentionally does not have an adjustable noseband. You might feel the noseband is a little roomy when you receive it but please go ahead and attach your muzzle. We designed this for the best in rub-free comfort!
Rub free halter covers sold separately. Muzzle sold separately.
The Flexible Filly Muzzle will not cause rub marks and is gentle on equine lips and teeth. We understand a halter while grazing may rub so we designed a set of halter wraps (sold separately) made of our anti-fungal, no rub! Horse Grazing Muzzle, halter Wraps below. Click on images to go-to products.
These measurements can be compared against a well-fitting halter to determine which size will be the best fit for your horse. Measurements are of the webbing only, they do not include the halter hardware. Hardware is 2″.
Chin x 2
Cheek x 2
Breakaway Leather Crown
How to attach your Flexible Filly Grazing Muzzle to the halter?
- Use the enclosed paper ties or a string to discover the best holes to secure your muzzle to your halter. The paper ties are a temporary tool allowing you to easily adjust the fit.
- Two of the “fins” have a triangle cut out. These attach to the square (side) rings on your turnout halter. Three fins will connect to the noseband, one in the centre, the other two fall naturally to the sides of the centre. Three fins will connect to the chin band; one in the centre, two naturally to the sides of the centre.
- First, secure each triangle cut out fin with one of the enclosed low profile cable ties. Do not wrap the fins around the halter, doing so may cause rubs.
- When properly installed, the muzzle should be close to but not touching the nose of the horse. If the muzzle is touching the nose simply make the fins under the chin longer, this will lift the muzzle away from the nose.
- Once you are satisfied you have the correct holes aligned to the halter please remove the paper ties or string and permanently secure the muzzle with the included cable ties.
- After finding the best fit for your horse, simply trim the excess fin material just above the top hole being used. It is fine to wait a day or two to ensure your muzzle is a comfortable distance from your horse’s mouth before trimming. The “keeper” on the cable tie is on the outside of the muzzle and the excess is facing down and trimmed close.
If you have fitted the muzzle properly and the muzzle is the correct size it will work famously. If you find there is too much grazing room be sure your fins are snugly secured to your halter. The fins should not move along the noseband. If it does simply pull the cable tie tighter.